4.26.2007

Greetings, pals! Here's a quick update to let y'all know that Gina from Dress Up as Natives contacted me and was kind enough to shed some light on her mysterious band and their porky prime cut:

"The pressing was 500. We actually saved a couple of our "better tracks" from the studio for a compilation that never happened. Each cover was hand colored by a band member. Yours looks to have been colored by me. I'm curious as to what the heck I wrote about a window on the back. I think we had *ahem* a few beers while coloring. The band went thru several drummers before we succumbed to ennui in Shitsburgh. If we would have had a clue and been someplace else, I think we would have been around longer.

This might blow yr mind. There are some really good recordings there --some DUAN stuff and our first incarnation called the NONSTOPS. Live Cardboards....the list goes on."

Do yourself a favor and poke around the website mentioned above. Lots of files to download and an extensive peek into the weirder side of steel city. Thanks again, Gina, now where's my Cardboards lp?


AA